Version numbers inconsistency since the 5.0.x release

Hi there!

I noticed some version numbers inconsistency in the RhodeCode UI since the release of the 5.x branch.

First, here are info from my “Env”:

RC_VERSION          5.0.1
RHODECODE_VERSION   5.0.1

Then, in the web interface’s footer, when the option “Show RhodeCode version” is enabled, I can read:

RhodeCode 5.0.0 Community Edition | Support | Documentation

More important, from the system info, the latest_version seems stucked to the 4.x branch.
rhodecode_version, rhodecode-enterprise-ce, rhodecode-enterprise-ee and rhodecode-vcsserver are also not aware of the latest minor revision (5.0.0 instead of 5.0.1). See below.

SYSTEM INFO
-----------

rhodecode_version                                           : RhodeCode Community Edition, version 5.0.0
latest_version                                              : 4.27.1

vcs_backends                                                : Enabled backends in order: hg,git,svn
vcs_server                                                  : vcsserver:10010@ver:5.0.0 via http mode[workers:1], connection:connected
git                                                         : version reported from VCSServer: 2.44.0
hg                                                          : version reported from VCSServer: 6.3.3
svn                                                         : version reported from VCSServer: 1.14.2 (r1899510)

SYSTEM SETTINGS
---------------

rhodecode-enterprise-ce                                     : 5.0.0                (/home/rhodecode/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages)
rhodecode-enterprise-ee                                     : 5.0.0                (/home/rhodecode/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages)
rhodecode-tools                                             : 3.0.0                (/home/rhodecode/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages)
rhodecode-vcsserver                                         : 5.0.0                (/home/rhodecode/venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages)

Finally, you may know that the latest Subversion release is 1.14.3. This could be a great opportunity to upgrade this package!

Cheers.

Hi Justin,

indeed in 5.0.1 there was a problem with reported version but 5.0.2 release should report this properly. Sorry about that!

Regarding subversion, good news, we already bumped this here:
https://code.rhodecode.com/rhodecode-enterprise-docker/changeset/af6066711eaa52c4731dced7422d3928b6213232

and the beta images have latest subversion running, and this will be a part of 5.1.0 release coming this month

Nice! The reported version with 5.0.2 is correct, indeed.

Unfortunately, “Latest version” is still in the 4.x branch, which also makes the “Check for updates” link useless because it says that I’m running the latest stable version, which is 4.27.1!

By the way, what is the correct alias to set my update channel to the latest release:

./rcstack cli set-runtime-image stable
./rcstack cli set-runtime-image release
./rcstack cli set-runtime-image master
./rcstack cli set-runtime-image edge

?

This is not so clear from documentation pages I think.

Hi !

the check for updates endpoint now reports properly 5.0.2 ! Thanks for pointing this out.

regarding the release channels there are two

./rcstack cli set-runtime-image stable
./rcstack cli set-runtime-image beta

Stable is official releases, beta is latest release from latest commits

1 Like

Seems like the latest version number didn’t change from 5.0.2 whereas there were several releases since then…

Just saying :nerd_face:

1 Like

Hi @justinmassiot

Thanks for reporting this, there was a delay with updating the versions API between our releases. But since today we changed the workflow and new updated will automatically update this endpoint.

So moving from now the release endpoint should be upto date and in line with our releases.

2 Likes