Noninteractive installation

Hi guys,

I’m curious about, is it possible to perform unattended installation with previously configured parameters?
Has anyone tried to create docker container with current RhodeCode version?

Hi,

Installer has an option to take an JSON input to set some parameters as default. For example:

rccontrol install VCSServer '{"host":"127.0.0.1"}'
        rccontrol install Enterprise '{"password":"qweqwe", "email":"marcin@rhodecode.com", "username":"admin", "host":"0.0.0.0", "repo_dir":"/path/to/repos"}'
        rccontrol install Community '{"password":"qweqwe", "email":"marcin@rhodecode.com", "username":"admin", "host":"0.0.0.0", "repo_dir":"/path/to/repos"}'

However you still have to manually agree to license prompts.

Big thanks for the answer!

Agreement can be applied with ‘yes’ command

yes | rccontrol install VCSServer '{"host":"127.0.0.1", "port":"10001"}'

Are there any option for Database type ?
Database type - [s]qlite, [m]ysql, [p]ostresql:

Where can I get full option list?

Hmm, i just realized in case of database it would only support “database”:“sqlite” with automated mode, else it would trigger additional questions.

we’ll make an extension to the installer:

• add --accept-licenses flag
  • allow to specify database: type/host/port/name/user/password

But I can change DB options later with config file and restart RhodeCode instance, am I right?

Yes, DB configuration is only to initially write to .ini file. So pickingin sqlite would be fully automatic.

I have made docker container, if somebody interested.
https://hub.docker.com/r/fragpit/rhodecodece/

Thanks for the docker image !

Ps, from version 1.9.0+ of Control here are full examples of automated installations

$ rccontrol install --accept-license VCSServer  '{"host":"127.0.0.1", "port":10202}'
$ rccontrol install --accept-license Enterprise '{"host":"127.0.0.1", "port":10101, "password":"qweqwe", "email":"support@rhodecode.com", "username":"admin", , "repo_dir":"/tmp", "database": "sqlite"}'
$ rccontrol install --accept-license Community  '{"host":"127.0.0.1", "port":10101, "password":"qweqwe", "email":"support@rhodecode.com", "username":"admin", , "repo_dir":"/tmp", "database": "postgresql://postgres:secret@localhost/rhodecode"}'
$ rccontrol install --accept-license Community  '{"host":"127.0.0.1", "port":10101, "password":"qweqwe", "email":"support@rhodecode.com", "username":"admin", , "repo_dir":"/tmp", "database": "mysql://root:secret@localhost/rhodecode”}'