Issue with delete in the web UI?

Good day to all

I have been playing around a bit with the community edition (version 4.26) and there seems to be a weird issue when deleting file via the web UI, at least for git repositories:

1. OK: files in the root of a repository can be deleted via UI
  2. OK: a file in a subdirectory can be deleted via UI, as long as it is the only file in that subdirectory
  3. NOT OK: a file in a subdirectory cannot be deleted via UI, if there are other files and/ or folders in the same subdirectory

On 3. there is even a „file successfully deleted“ message as well as a corresponding commit - but the file none the less does not get deleted.

The above happens only with the web UI, via command line or e.g. a graphical git client it works as it should, read: a file also can be deleted in case 3. e.g. locally on a cloned repository with commit & push to CE

Is this something known or something that just happens for me, resp. is specific to my installation? (Linux, not Windows)

Is there a possibility to fix this? Where in the code one would have to look for it? (I am not really into python, but I none the less could give it a try…)

Hi,

Could you try to reproduce this on code.rhodecode.com instance ? It’s free to use and register.

Hi there

sure, just did so - same issue is replicable on code.rhodecode.com:

Structure:
/c/c.txt
/a/a1.txt
/a/b.txt
/test1.txt

Steps to reproduce:

1. navigate via WebUI to /a/
  2. chose b.txt
  3. chose to delete b.txt
  4. commit delete
  5. again view the path /a/ via WebUI: both files still there
    (I made screenshots of the individual steps, but I can only upload one it seems - so bellow the view of the commit, step 4, showing the issue)

commit view (of the commit where the deletion should have happened):

=> neither /a/a1.txt nor /a/b.txt can be deleted via UI

Does this help?

Thank you, yes indeed there’s a problem with that. We’ll investigate and check

Sounds good :slightly_smiling_face: thank you